Read excerpt from Brown Girl Dreaming (p.13-18)
Answer the following questions in your ELA notebook:
- Who is the narrator?
- What challenges does she face?
- How does she deal with these challenges?
- What has changed recently in her life?
- What does she do and say (in the poem) to show how she feels about that change?
Complete first read of "Two Kinds" and add 3+ bullet points to each square of the First Read graphic organizer you drew in your ELA notebook.
Hint: refer back to pg 12 for info on what belongs in each square.
Answer comprehension check questions on pg. 25
Perform second reading of "The Medicine Bag" and complete Close Reading tasks.
- annotations involve underlining or highlighting in the textbook
- respond to Question/Conclude prompts in the space provided in the margins
Hint: refer to the annotations for paragraph 1 completed today in class